- Mouthpiece Material: Stainless steel
- Mouthpiece Type: Elliptical link
- Cheekpiece Material: Stainless steel.
- Cheekpiece Type: Loose ring
- Action: Bars of the mouth, tongue and corners of the mouth
This snaffle is one of the most popularly used bits across the disciplines. It has loose rings and a central, rounded link. It evolved from the French snaffle and as a result has a very similar action. It is probably kinder as the elliptical link has no sharp sides and the join creates less of an angle with the rest of the mouthpiece. Most horses readily accept this bit and are more comfortable in their mouths. There is no nutcracker action due to the central link, creating a continuous feel from one side to the other.