- Mouthpiece Material: Stainless steel.
- Mouthpiece Type: Elliptical link snaffle.
- Cheekpiece Material: Stainless steel.
- Cheekpiece Type: Eggbutt.
- Snaffle Ring Diameter: 7cm.
- Action: Bars of the mouth, corners of the mouth, tongue pressure.
The elliptical link is one of the most popularly used snaffle bit mouth pieces across the disciplines. The bit has eggbutt cheeks and a central, rounded link. It evolved from the French snaffle and as a result has a very similar action. It is kinder as the elliptical link has no sharp sides and the join creates less of an angle with the rest of the mouthpiece.
Most horses readily accept this bit and are more comfortable in their mouths. There is no nutcracker action due to the central link, creating a continuous feel from one side to the other.
In addition the ergonomically shaped mouthpiece lies perfectly in the horse’s mouth resulting in a soft, even pressure on the entire tongue area, encouraging the horse to chew.