Contains: Diminazene 0,07 g/mℓ
Phenazone 0,375 g/mℓ
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
CATTLE AND HORSES
- Inject intramuscularly in horses and cattle or subcutaneously in cattle only.
- Dosage is 3,5 mg/kg of body mass.
- It is recommended that a total dose of 4,0 g (57 mℓ) active Berenil®T.U. should not be exceeded even in the case of heavier animals.
The recommended dosage is 0,1 mℓ/2 kg body mass injected intramuscularly or subcutaneously. This dosage must not be exceeded. In this case inject only once. If the animal does not recover after 1 injection, consult a veterinarian for further treatment.
SUGGESTED USES OF Berenil® R.T.U.IN THE PREVENTION OF REDWATER
- Protection of susceptible cattle being moved through a Redwater areaInject Berenil® R.T.U. at recommended dosage to prevent Asiatic (European) Redwater for 2 weeks and African Redwater for 4 weeks.
- Controlling a Redwater outbreak in a cattle herdInject all cattle with Berenil® R.T.U. at recommended dosage. This should stop further cases of Redwater within 24 hours and cure affected animals if not terminally ill.
- Protection of stud animals at shows where the immune state of the animals to Redwater is uncertainUse Berenil® R.T.U. at the recommended dosage to prevent Redwater for the periods as mentioned in No. 1 above. Keeping the animals tick free reduces chances of Redwater transmission following these periods.
- Routine treatment of cattle arriving at feedlotsThe use of Berenil® R.T.U. in this case renders protection as explained in No. 1 above. Cure of animals already affected by Redwater may be expected, provided they are not terminally ill. The control of ticks on cattle at time of arrival should be coupled to the process.
- Vaccine warningShould a bovine be treated for Redwater with Berenil® R.T.U., the animal should not be vaccinated against Asiatic (European) Redwater for 1 month and against African Redwater for 2 months after treatment.If Berenil® R.T.U. has been used to suppress a Redwater vaccine reaction, revaccination of the treated animals is necessary. If immunity to Asiatic (European) Redwater is required, revaccination after 1 month is recommended. If immunity to African Redwater is required, revaccination after 2 months is recommended.