- The Relief bridle has been designed to follow the shape of the horse’s skull instead of the outward appearance of the horse’s head.
- In particular the bridle avoids any pressure on the facial nerves, the projecting cheek bones or the molar teeth set in the horse’s upper jaw. This prevents pressure, both to facial nerves and the sensitive tissues lining the cheeks inside the mouth by tight fitting cavesson or flash nosebands.
- The main reason for this is obvious to see when looking at the skull of a horse. The top jaw is considerably wider than the lower jaw and this is true of all horses. The inside of the cheeks are therefore often squashed, bruised and lacerated between the outer edge of the upper jaw teeth on one side and the flash noseband pressing inwards on the other side.
- In addition it is important to avoid pressure on the delicate, fragile bones at the end of the nose. The Relief bridle overcomes all these main areas of discomfort, as well as overcoming the inherent danger of lunging off a bridle, or discomfort caused by trying to fit a bridle and lunge cavesson together.
- It also provides a great solution for the many horses who resist because of pain around the frequently damaged bars of the mouth, or hate too much pressure on the tongue and as a result fight the contact or get their tongue over the bit. In addition the weight of the bridle is taken comfortably on a wide and padded headpiece, rather than all the weight going on one narrow noseband strap.
- The advantages are numerous and your horses will love the difference. This bridle is a must for anyone with a highly sensitive horse, or one that is difficult to settle.
MM Apparel Padded Relief Bridle
The MM Apparel Relief bridles are made from high quality, durable and flexible leather with stainless steel buckles. This bridle is designed from the shape of the skull itself in order to avoid pressure on the size areas which consistently cause discomfort with traditional bridles. Fully padded featuring cut away poll for freedom of movement for the ears, eliminating pinching that would cause discomfort.
Available in both black and brown. Cleated Reins included.
|Size - Horse||
Cob (M), Full (L), X Full (XL)